Searching for...

Friday 16 October 2015

WEEKEND READ-A-THONS: DEWEY'S + TRAVEL THE WORLD IN BOOKS 16.10.15


Waking to a gorgeous sunrise on a chilly Friday morning.
Time to post my preparation for tomorrow's annual Fall 24 hr Dewey's Readathon.
Reading begins worldwide at 7 a.m. cdt - time conversions available at the main blog link.
*
*
I've been scavenging my book shelves for shorter novels and some light short stories .
These provide a sense of accomplishment with each completion,
keeping me from becoming overwhelmed in the middle of the day!
~
Drawing from Agatha Christie's PARTNERS IN CRIME 
and the COMPLETE HERCULE POIROT 
~*~
French Canadian author, Gabrielle Roy's
STREET OF RICHES
~
~
Deb Macomber's double short story books
~
~
Joanne Fluke's APPLE TURNOVER MURDER [with recipes!]
~
~
Some of my selection possibilities...  They also keep adding to my Oct mystery reading tally
 for the RIP X Challenge.
More reading options via ereader, I may be pursuing those once I get into the actual reading.
Nothing like an entire day to focus on new reading choices !
I'll update my current reading once the day begins.
~
Join fellow Dewey ReadaThon readers HERE and plan your own book retreat for the day -
Saturday Oct 17th.
~*~
Next, because it seems obvious I hate to be reading unchallenged,
Travel the World in Books  Readathon beginning at midnight Oct 18th
along with Dewey's which continues til 6.55 a.m. cdt .  
~
*
I am already a participant in the ongoing Travel the World Challenge
[my reading travel titles posted HERE with Maps]
and  I'm happy to add more worldwide book travel via this annual Readathon.
I've created a Travel the World in Books shelf at goodreads for tracking book travels.
My travels began by exploring my bookshelves to discover unread books in various world locales.
Here's what I've come up with:
~
~
[ France Audio listen via hoopla ]
~
~
France, Wales
~
 Russia, Spain, Egypt
~
~
Venice, Austria, England, Belgium, Germany and US
~
~*~
by authors:
Lucinda Riley, Rhys Bowen, Noel Hynd, Donna Leon, Rosina Lippi,  WJ Burley,
Ellen Marie Wiseman, Maureen Lang, Martha Grimes,  Elizabeth Camden
~
I'm looking forward to extended reading refreshments, if I can take a break from
current time and life demands!  How about you?  
Check out the Reading Schedule + Mini Challenges HERE
Find fellow readers at the signups and tweeting 
#readathon  and  #TTWIBRAT
I look forward to finding you reading along...
~*~
Shared With:
~ A Daily Rhythm ~
~*~
FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORY | PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING


2 comments:

Heidi’sbooks said...

You've got some good choices there. I have Conspiracy in Kiev on my Kindle but I've never read it. I will be anxious to hear if you like it.

Lucy said...

Wonderful starting line post! Good luck today with Dewey, and I'll see you as we travel from our armchairs or other cozy reading spots during the rest of the month!

Related Posts with Thumbnails