Searching for...

Sunday 18 January 2015

SACRED SPACE: #SONGSonSUNDAYS 18.1.15


Welcome to Sacred Space

Taking time out to renew and refresh 
God is speaking.  To us.  To me. 
  What do I hear?
Where in my life do I encounter God?
Where can I be with God?

Yeshua Jesus invites us to "Come and see..."

Begin today with acknowledging 
God's Presence
surrounding me
around me, within me, deep within my being
Freedom
Reminding myself God has things to teach me,
I ask for the grace to hear and allow them to change me.
Awareness
Where am I with God?  With others?
Is there gratitude?  I give thanks.
Something for which I'm sorry?  I ask and receive forgiveness.
The Word
I read the Word of God slowly, a few times over as I listen to what God is saying to me.
Mark 2. 23-28
One Sabbath day as Jesus was walking through some grainfields, his disciples began breaking off heads of grain to eat.  But the Pharisees said to Jesus, “Look, why are they breaking the law by harvesting grain on the Sabbath?”
Jesus said to them, “Haven’t you ever read in the Scriptures what David did when he and his companions were hungry?  He went into the house of God (during the days when Abiathar was high priest) and broke the law by eating the sacred loaves of bread that only the priests are allowed to eat. He also gave some to his companions.”
 Then Jesus said to them, “The Sabbath was made to meet the needs of people, and not people to meet the requirements of the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath!”
Reflection
What feelings are rising within me as I pray and reflect on God's Word?
I imagine Yeshua Jesus sitting with me, beside me,
and I open my heart to hear Him.
The Pharisees conscientiously believe that observing the rules is what God asks of them.
Their be-all / end-all rule of life.
Yeshua Jesus knows God does not want to make our lives more difficult and does not impose arbitrary rules on us.  For Him, the be-all / end-all is the law of love.
Do I believe in a God who wants only what is good for me?
Am I able to talk to Yeshua Jesus about this?
What rules govern my life?
Would people who know me say that I follow the law of love?
What does Yeshua Jesus say to me...?

Conclusion
The Lord bless us and keep us.  The Lord make His face shine on us and be gracious to us.
The Lord look upon us with favour and grant us peace.  Amen.
*

#SONGSonSUNDAYS

Two Jesus Culture videos on today's theme -
ONE THING REMAINS
*
and ROOFTOPS
*
May God be blessed!
[ and you ] 
this day 
*
Today's  #SONGSonSUNDAYS is open for your links in comments.
If you post to a blog, please include the FHC post link to allow others to connect.
~ Thanks for being part of today's Sacred Space ~

*
*
FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORYPINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING


SHARED WITH ~

*The Weekend Brew * Still Saturday * Little Things Thursday * Fav Things Thursday *

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

https://thatblondecoffeegirl.wordpress.com/2015/01/18/songsonsunday-breath-of-heaven-sara-groves/

Love #songsonsunday

BARBIE said...

Beautiful post. "Reminding myself God has things to teach me,I ask for the grace to hear and allow them to change me." This is exactly where I am on my journey. Thankful for His grace which propels me forward.

Kim said...

Love this reflective post that calls us to call His word to mind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails