Searching for...

Tuesday 10 June 2014

TUESDAY TEASERS & INTROS: HOPE AT DAWN by Stacy Henrie 10.6.14

Welcome to this June 10th Teaser Tuesday
at MizB's shouldbereading
and
1st Paragraph 1st Chapter - Tuesday Intros
at Diane's Bibliophile by the Sea 
*
Here's mine ~
Iowa, March 1918
"Of all the birthdays Livy could recall, this one would certainly go down as the most memorable - but for all the wrong reasons.
Ironic, she thought, smoothing the skirt of her blue silk taffeta dress for surely the hundredth time.  I always thought turning twenty would be special."

Opening paragraph - HOPE AT DAWN [Of Love & War #1]
by Stacy Henrie
{releasing June 24th}


In a Time of War, Love is the Inspiration.With her brothers away fighting the Great War overseas, Livy Campbell desperately wants to help her family. Her chance comes when she meets a handsome stranger who lands her a job as a teacher in a place far from her parents' farm. But the war casts a long shadow over the German-American town that Livy now calls home—and the darkness will test everything she thought she knew about family and love . . .
[click cover photo for GIVEAWAY !]
*
Looking forward to your Tuesday teasers and intros!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Find and follow FHC online:

@_eHope - Goodreads - Facebook 

Pinterest - GFC  -  bottom of page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*
*


Adding a brief heads up for readers who've mentioned interest
in Julianna Deering's 'Drew Farthering' mystery series -
The first 2 books are on today for 1.99 as kindle ecopies!!
I know. Amazing. Enjoy.



33 comments:

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

This sounds like my kind of read...and I love that it's the start of a series. Thanks for sharing.

My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-64-and.html

Nise' said...

A bit of a sad start to her birthday. I do like the setting of the novel.

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds interesting. I don't read much historical fiction. This week my teasers come from The Quick by Lauren Owen and Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore. I go from Victorian Vampires to futuristic zombies. Happy reading!

Maya Love said...

Looks like an intriguing historical fiction. I would read on.

Kim@Time2Read said...

What a pretty cover! I'd definitely read on. In fact, I'm adding it to my TBR now!

Today I'm featuring The Vacationers by Emma Straub.
http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/tuesday-memes-vacationers.html

Juli Rahel said...

I found my own twentieth birthday rather "un-special", it was just another birthday! This sounds like a really interesting read, I love the idea of Livy wanting to help her family! Thanks for sharing :)
My Intro
Juli @ Universe in Words

Cassie said...

I just started Hope for Dawn yesterday! Are you liking it so far? I'm not sure - Livy has given me several moments where I want to shake her!

Margot said...

The first paragraph sounds like the beginning of a beautiful love saga. I'd definitely keep going.

Juli Rahel said...

Congrats on getting the AC audiobook, any way you could share ;) Also, taking a look at the giveaway!
Juli @ Universe in Words

Literary Feline said...

This sounds like something I would enjoy reading.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like her day went from bad to worse.

Thanks for visiting mine

Anonymous said...

Sounds like her day went from bad to worse.

Thanks for visiting mine

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a book right up my alley. Beautiful cover too!

Thanks for stopping by mine today too! http://mydogearedpurpose.com/2014/06/10/teaser-tuesday-june-10th/

gautami tripathy said...

I would go on reading. The opening sounds good to me...

Here is my POST.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

This sounds like a book I'd enjoy. That era is fascinating to me. Thanks for the heads-up about the Deering books too.
My Teaser is from LEAN ON ME.

Sarah (Sarah's Book Shelves) said...

I'm not sure this one is for me, but hope you enjoy it!

Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-three-sarah-lotz/

Kym said...

Looks like a good book! thanks for sharing the giveaway!

Claudia {Sparrowhawk} said...

"This one would certainly go down as the most memorable - but for all the wrong reasons."

Well that's a different way to look at birthday parties; I'm curious as to what is happening or leading up to this being the most memorable birthday! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog; have a wonderful week! :)

Heather said...

An intriguing teaser - makes you wonder what happened. Mine: Rascal by Sterling North

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

I love this period of history so I'm definitely interested. Thanks for visiting my Tuesday Teaser earlier.

Trish said...

interesting! I may have to visit this one! thanks for sharing!

Trish - My Teaser

fredamans said...

Sounds really good, plus the cover is pretty.

Yvonne said...

Sounds good!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I like the intro --hope the rest is as good. enjoy

Anonymous said...

My kind of read, too. The cover is gorgeous ... love the red flowers in her hair.

Thanks for stopping by Write Note Reviews.

Anonymous said...

Great teaser! I love those books by Julianna Deering and will have to check them out!

Unknown said...

Nice teaser! This seems like an interesting story. Thank you for sharing!

Paulita said...

Those memorable birthdays are always a little disappointing. Here's Mine

Anonymous said...

Good teaser. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

Tea said...

Don't know why, I think twenty is special too.

Anonymous said...

Not something I'd usually read, but the cover is so pretty :)

Greg said...

Thanks for sharing the Julianna Deering deal! I would have missed that ... :)

Katherine Thayer said...

What i liked about half of dawn by Stacey Henrie. It was set during WWI and i love history.

Related Posts with Thumbnails