Searching for...

Monday 2 June 2014

TEASER TUESDAYS: ANNE OF GREEN GABLES by LM Montgomery 3.6.14


Teaser Tuesdays at MizB's 
from A Daily Rhythm

Share 2 teaser sentences from a random page in your current read.
Make sure not to post spoilers that give plot away!  Share title and author.
Add your Teaser Tuesday link at MizB's in comments,
then check out your fellow bookies TTs !  
*
In conjunction with CHILDREN'S BOOK WEEK
May 4-10 2015 Giveaway HERE
I'm re-posting today's TT and Tuesday 

 1st chapter 1st paragraph 
hosted by Diane of Bibliophile by the Sea

"Mrs Rachel Lynde lived just where the Avonlea main road dipped down into a little hollow, fringed with alders and ladies' eardrops, and traversed by a brook that had its source away back in the woods of the old Cuthbert place; it was reputed to be an intricate, headlong brook in its earlier course through those woods, with dark secrets of pool and cascade; but by the time it reached Lynde's Hollow it was a quiet, well-conducted little stream, for not even a brook could run past Mrs Rachel Lynde's door without due regard for decency and decorum; it probably was conscious that Mrs Rachel was sitting at her door, keeping a sharp eye on everything that passed, from brooks and children up, and that if she noticed anything odd or out of place she would never rest until she had ferreted out the whys and wherefores thereof."

and that 1st paragraph is all one sentence!

*
Now here's My TT ~

"Marilla's lips twitched understandingly.  
She had expected Mrs. Rachel up; 
she had known that the sight of Matthew jaunting off so unaccountably would be too much for her neighbour's curiosity."
*
Marilla Cuthbert,
in Anne of Green Gables
by LM Montgomery
{ chapter 1, page 5 }


I'm listening for June's audiobook month 
-narrated by Colleen Winton-
published by Post Hypnotic Press
of Canada
*
Another read for my participation in the annual
Canadian Reading Challenge #7
ending June 30th + #8 beginning July 1st!
You're most warmly invited to join the year long reading FuN!
ALL Canadian authors, settings, characters, etc count in your reading tally for the year...

*
Also, announcing for June...


a brand new INVITE from Tyndale Publishers for their
SUMMER READING PROGRAM

offers faith based inspy genre reading:

- For every 5 books you read and submit proof that you shared about them, you’ll receive a free book of your choice from the summer reading list.


  • The top reader at the end of the summer will receive a $75 gift card towards books.

  • The 2nd through 4th place top readers will each receive a $50 gift card towards books.

  • Everyone who reads at least five books will be entered to win a free e-reader!


Like reading inspy fiction and non-fiction?

Join the Summer Reading Program today!


Participate providing us with some info.



Program will run
June 1st through August 31st 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Find and follow FHC online:

@_eHope - Goodreads - Facebook 

Pinterest - GFC  -  bottom of page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*
*

*
SHARED WITH ~

-Thursday Fav Things-

38 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I'd have to keep reading. I know I'd like this one:) thanks for joining us this week.

Beth F said...

I've read this several times. Enjoy.

Kim@Time2Read said...

I'm not sure if I would keep reading. I know I should....but I usually don't do well with the 'classics'.

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

It's been a while since I last came across this book. Now I want to pick it up again.

My Tuesday intro: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-63.html

Kym said...

Anne of Green Gables remains one of my all-time favorite books, no matter how old I get or how many times I've read it. :-) It would be interesting to hear it as an audiobook, I think.

Tea said...

I would enjoye hearing or reading it.

Literary Feline said...

I have never read any of the Anne of Green Gables books, can you believe it? It seems a crime somehow. I wouldn't mind reading them with my daughter when she's older. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that story. I have never read the book though. Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by my site. :)

Anonymous said...

I love that story. I have never read the book though. Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by my site. :)

Greg said...

I've never read this but my daughter is at the moment. I know it's a very beloved classic. The teaser sounds like we have a somewhat nosy neighbor here... :)

Claudia {Sparrowhawk} said...

Anne of Green Gables! Yes! I have found many Anne of Green Gables books at thrift stores, my girls enjoy them so much. Thanks for sharing!

Here is my TT:
Messenger (The Giver Quartet #3)

Louisa @ Words I Write Crazy said...

Great teaser! I loved Anne of Green Gables (well, the whole series!) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I re-read this classic not too long ago and enjoyed it, even though all those LY adverbs drove me nuts! It's interesting how writing styles change over the years.
My Teaser is from SINFUL FOLK. There's a giveaway too.

gautami tripathy said...

Loved the series!

Here is my intro post from Song for Sophia by Moriah Densley.

AND

Here is my teaser post from Extra Care by Alina Cosma .

Sarah (Sarah's Book Shelves) said...

This is horrible…I can't remember if I ever read these growing up! Hope you enjoy it!

Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-secret-life-violet-grant-beatriz-williams/

Nise' said...

Love this series. I am sure you are too!

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

I've read this so many times, along with the rest of the series (but this one was my favourite) How lovely to include it as your teaser! Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/teaser-tuesday-june-3/

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I ever read that one - I know it's a classic! Good one!

Here is mine today from:
Empire Girls

Yvonne said...

I'd keep reading.

fredamans said...

I loved the whole Gables series. Anne Shirley is a great character!

Heather said...

Oh, great teaser! This was one of my favorite books/series growing up, and one I should reread. Thanks for visiting! ☺

Juli Rahel said...

'Anne of Green Gables' is such a classic and I still haven' read it. I feel like maybe I should've read it as a child, but no one around me ever read it either :( I hope you enjoy it :)
My Intro
Juli @ Universe in Words

Unknown said...

Great Classic, and me too, I haven't read it yet! though I have seen a few movie adaptations. Reminds me that I should really read more classics.
My post is here

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

More challenges? Must ... resist ....

Nah, I knew THAT was never going to work! *LOL*

I LOVE the Anne of Green Gables books! Did you see the series?

Holly said...

My ten year old has this on her reading list for the summer. I've started it with her before but haven't ever read through the whole thing.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

JC Jones said...

It is fun to meet old favorites. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Tracy said...

I haven't had the pleasure of reading this but I may have to add it to my reading list. Great teaser! :)

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by!

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I love Anne of Green Gables and hope it's good on audio!

Jenny @ Book Sojourner said...

Anne of Green Gables is one of my all-time favorites. I love the whole series. Enjoy!

kayerj said...

I love this book, I've read the whole series. Enjoy your book. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Unknown said...

Nice teaser. My best friend was obsessed with this series as kids. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a classical teaser! Thanks for the visit.

Eustacia Tan said...

Sounds interesting! I haven't read Anne of Green Gables yet - but I will try to pick up a copy soon!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

^_^

Anonymous said...

I've never actually read Anne of Green Gables but I've heard lots of people say it's a favourite. The teaser sounds interesting. I'll have to find a copy of it somewhere :)

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

A classic that brings a smile at remembrance.

My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/05/first-chapter-first-paragraph-105.html

Suzie Quint said...

I've never read this but perhaps I should.

Kay said...

You know, I've not ever read the Anne books either or any of the others related. I know - it's sad. And that sentence is very, very long. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails