Searching for...

Friday 14 March 2014

FRIDAY 5s: ST. PATRICK's DAY Tae, Music, Lent 14.3.14

It's FRIDAY and I'm St Patrick's Day Partying !


Random 5 Friday at A Rural Journal
which works perfectly with 
Today's FRIDAY 5s where Rev Gal Karla says ~
"Hi gals and pals~~ Happy Friday to you!  
I don’t have a theme this week,  just a variety of questions
for your writing pleasure
1) How are you?  What’s taking up your mind-heart space these days?
2) It’s St. Patrick’s Day on Monday~~will you celebrate or give a nod to it?
3) My colleague is a voracious morning reader of blogs, online news, articles, etc.
What, besides RevGalBlogPals, do you look at frequently, if not daily?
4) I got nothin’ here.  This is a free for all.  Just tell us something!
5) Use these words in a sentence or two:    map, magazine, sing, baby sloth, knit, penguin, love, weep, mountain, and messenger bag.
Have Fun!



#1 - Photo posting #LENT reflections is taking up mind-heart space
for me these days.  [Plus advocating for elderly experiencing abuses and injustices
by management 
of an apartment housing complex. ]

#2 - Absolutely celebrating St Patrick's Day!
Can't grow up in a town called 'Killarney' and NOT celebrate the wearin' o' the Green!

Beginning with morning tae !
Join me?

*

 
I love St Patrick's inspired creativity in sharing the Gospel using the shamrock to describe Trinity
Father Son Holy Spirit
One
St. Patrick's Prayer
*
May the Power of God preserve us.
May the Wisdom of God instruct us.
May the Hand of God protect us.
May the Way of God direct us.
May the Shield of God defend us.
May the Host of God guard us.
Against the snares of the evil ones.
Against temptations of the world
May Christ be with us!
May Christ be before us!
May Christ be in us,
Christ be over all!
May Thy Salvation, Lord,
Always be ours,
This day, O Lord, and evermore.
Amen.
#3 - Following fellow photo Lent posters Lisa Advent and Jacqui Avery
and the other bloggers linking up here ~
{ And You're Invited to add yours }


plus 
A good variety of weekly themed linkups , pinterest and tweets...

#4 - I've begun a weekly blog meme, #SongsonSundays,
for anyone interested in adding their links to fav songs as and when able.


#5 - It's 2 a.m. and my brain is not going to cooperate with wordsmithing !
so I'm leaving you with T WITH THE MAGGIES to soundtrack your day
[Moya Brennan lady in green and elder sister to Enya]
and an IRISH BLESSING in honour of St Patrick's Day, ok?

BE BLESSED !




Find and follow FHC online:


*
Linking to :


*
RANDOM FIVE FRIDAY @ A RURAL JOURNAL

SINCERELY, PAULA

FRIENDSHIP FRIDAY

SAY G'DAY SATURDAY IN OZ

PINK SATURDAY 

SMALL VICTORIES

INSPIRE ME MONDAY 
*





*

17 comments:

Claire said...

That's one of my favourite Irish blessings! I remember the St Patrick's Day parties in CA - all green food :(
Strange it's such a non-event in the UK...
A great Random 5 and have a fabulous Friday :)

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Thank you , Claire!
enjoyed your chat =)

Claire said...

I'm linked up for Lent - thanks for the invite :)

Nancy said...

What gorgeous tea cups! I have a piece like that packed away somewhere. Wish I could remember where! :)

Anonymous said...

Irish Breakfast tea is one of my favorites.

~~Elaine

Nicki said...

Adore the teacup pattern and shamrock images. Lovely blessings.

Cranberry Morning said...

Those are beautiful cups! Makes me want to go make a cup of Irish Breakfast Tea. I've got in in the cupboard. Maybe on Monday. :-)

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Your shamrocks are so pretty perched in your tea cup. I, too, enjoy tea . . . especially in the afternoon when all is quiet.
I have 3 young children, so we do celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a hunt for gold, green pancakes . . . and yes, we wear green :0) For who likes to get pinched ;0)
Today marks our second Friday of Lent. The menu I prepare for our family is void of meat . . . and humble, as we remember our Lord's great sacrifice for us.
I wish you and yours a beautiful weekend,
Suzanne

revkjarla said...

Lovely play! I off to make a cup of tea, and dream of singing on a beach in a flowing dress. Oh! I loved the music video. Thank you!

Snap said...

i have corned beef brisket, cabbage all ready to go for St. Pats day. irish breakfast tea is one of my favorites -- especially when it is cold -- nice and strong to get me going! love tea cups. happy friday,

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Thank you! lovely to raise my cuppa with each of you !
HapPy Weekending...

Jan said...

Wonderful to see Belleek china! My mother loved it, and so do I. Thank you for the link for Lent and all the green, which is also my favorite color!

river song said...

as always, what a beautiful play in every way! thanks!

LV said...

Very nice St. Patrick presentation.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

we may do a wee bit of celebratin' after all the last name IS Thornton (did you ever see John Wayne as Sean Thornton in The Quiet Man? I'm sure they will be showing it sometime soon in honor of the Irish).
so, Happy Pink Saturday and Happy St. Pat's to ya !
(())

Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

I love the Irish prayer and graphic. I have never tried Irish Breakfast tea, but I love tea. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us on Small Victories Sunday again this week. Pinning and sharing!

Micupoftea said...

Nice post! Yes, I am Irish and will celebrate with food,tea and music! Have a lovely week :)
S

Related Posts with Thumbnails