Searching for...

Monday 11 June 2012

TeaTime Tuesday TeaCup and Reading 6/12

For all my fellow Tea Lovers
reading and following these Tuesday posts
Welcome ~ Let me pour you today's cuppa !

It will be from and to one of my classic
TeaTime favourites ~


Myott Meakin's Staffordshire 'Finlandia' 

I cannot help loving this dainty Scandinavian style design
in it's perfect shade of blue!


My first morning following my arrival in Scotland,
I had the blessing of my friends' invitation to their weekday
church & community breakfast ~
Darling pots of Tea
&
Delicious scones with homemade berry preserves !


The morning concluded with a visit to the tabled items for sale 
by parishioners fundraising for various local projects ~

Here's where I first met lifelong friend Dolly


with her Gorgeous welcoming smile,
offering her complete set of 'Finlandia',
boxed up for sale,
that instantly became my set of 'Finlandia' 
boxed to take home with me!





Later, in 1991 Myott Meakin was acquired by
 the Churchill China Co.
who continue the ever popular 'Finlandia' pattern to this day !

A Special Reading Treat 
I found to share with you for TeaTime today ~

'Tea Lovers' Devotions To Go'
click for US link 


the above link will give you a peek inside
for a quick read,
then check the price for the ebook download ~
it is FREE when I'm posting this {& is today 6/12 as well} !

May you EnJoY your TeaTimes this week !


More TeaTimes and  TeaCups at


Terri's  &  Martha's Favorites







No Ordinary Blog Hop
 





17 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a beautiful pattern. I love the blue and white.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

highheeledlife said...

Truly a lovely pattern! love the petite blue design. And where tea is found , friendship is certain to ignite! Happy Tea Time Tuesday, HHL

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I SO LOVE Blue and White for the hot days of summer. This is such a pretty post! Thank you for having us to tea.
Have a fun week,
Hugs,
Donna

Unknown said...

A beautiful post and teatime. I so love the first photo, just magic.Blue & White is lovely and this scandinavian style dsign, simple but elegant! The scones look delicious! HAve a lovely day! x

Zinnia said...

So beautiful you are bidding on in your blog. I wish you a great week! Zinnia

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love that pattern as well. It's blue and white! What a special gift from your friend. The book is lovely as well. Thanks for sharing and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Bernideen said...

Looks like a delightful time together!

Diann said...

I have a couple of sets of the teacups and saucers in this pattern but, do not have that beautiful teapot! Everything is so pretty! And it looks like a nice time together!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I do love that pattern although I do not have any pieces of it. Sounds like your visit to Scotland was a lovely one in many ways. Thank you so much for sharing with us today. Wishing you a delightful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

wonderful TeaTime company!
glad to share it with you ... :)

Terri said...

How wonderful to have such a lovely friend! You are blessed! Your new china too, is quite a wonderful thing! Finlandia is gorgeous! Blue and white is always so pretty and sets a beautiful table.
Hugs,
Terri

Lori Smith said...

Love this pattern! It looks a bit like the china my dad's Mormor brought over from Norway - one of my favorite things in the world. cheers!

Kara Chupp said...

The pattern is just beautiful and it sounds like your trip was as well. Thank you for sharing with NOBH.
~Kara @ The Chuppies

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

I love your blue & white patterned tea set. Just beautiful! Wishing you a lovely week!
Blessings,
Lisa

Anne Payne said...

I love the blue & white! I found a teacup & saucer yesterday in the same colors :) Just want to say how much I enjoyed the mini history lesson you provided on the china co., too!

Deb said...

Beautiful china. Just love it! Deb

Unknown said...

Thanks for the devotional link! I downloaded it!

Karen

Related Posts with Thumbnails