Searching for...

Monday 12 March 2012

A Wee Bit 'o Ireland for St Patrick's Day !

 Miss Courtney's Tearooms
No. 8 College St. Killarney Co. Kerry
is sure to please
for today's taste in all things tea!

having grown up in a small town named for the homeland's,
~Killarney~
I have an affinity for all things Irish !

I am delited to share this bit 'o Ireland just for you on
 St Patrick's Day ...
*

owner, Sandra Dunlea,


gives a bit of  the tearooms' background for us ~

Miss Margaret Courtney, my great-aunt, 
originally opened her business here in 1909 
and it has been run by four generations of ladies in my family. 
I reopened in summer 2008 as Miss Courtney's Tearooms . 

*

We are an independent tearoom 
specializing in afternoon tea fare, light lunches and breakfasts. 
We endeavour to capture the feeling of nostalgia associated with 'taking tea'. 
Expect old fashioned tablecloths, antique chinaware and glistening chandeliers........
{including servers in vintage tea dresses with pearls!} 
....take some time to 'take some tea' with us. 

Welcome to Tea at Miss Courtney's ! 





I think we've found the Pot 'o Gold at the end of the rainbow...



vintage teacups to please any teatime celebrant !


gorgeous cupcake jewels...



teapots , cups, and deliteful settings showcase the fab fare ~
the perfect spot for any booklover to enjoy their afternoon cuppa'
or book club discussion ...




 warmest appreciation, Sandra, for sharing 
your tearoom's loveliness with us !
It's been the perfect St Patrick's Day! 
 Every Continued Success ~

You'll be able to find Sandra and Miss Courtney's
on Facebook and Like her! {just click}


Thanks to each of you for taking St Patrick's Day tea
with me today ~




*

I leave you with a Special IRISH Blessing
for you and yours . . .
  


*


*
Find and follow FHC online:

@_eHope - Goodreads - Facebook - Pinterest
Partying with  ~


*Annual St Patrick's Day Hop at Cuisine Kathleen's *



28 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Thank you for your visit and for your comment, made it easy to find YOU!

LOVE your blog!!!

What a lovely blog post - that Tea House is divine, how I wish I could be there right now!

Happy Tea Tuesday!

Zinnia said...

That Tea House is divine, how I wish I could be there right now! Your pictures give me a lovely vintage feel I wish you a wonderful tea-time! Zinnia

Linda said...

I would SO love to be having tea there right now! What a lovely place! Thank you so much for sharing that...wouldn't it be a wonderful place to sit and visit!?

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Thanks for visiting, gosh I don't think we haven't connected since the tea swap you hosted.
The tea shop is quaint with pretty china and to die for cupcakes. Thanks for sharing.
Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Judith

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Sigh, now that is a tea room !
Hope all is well with you
(())

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a wondereful tea room! Wish I was closer...I'd visit like a shot! Thanks for sharing and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY TEA CUP TUESDAY!

I'm just making my rounds...visiting everyone on the linky list....I think I'm #21 on the list...but it's not showing up yet!

Thanks for sharing your precious tea with me today.
Hope you'll stop by to read my nostalgic post about my love of collecting and using tea cups!




ciao bella

Creative Carmelina

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a wonderful post! I enjoyed viewing the beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing this tea room.
Nancy

Terri said...

OMGosh! What a fabulous tea room! I would love to have tea there too. It all looks so pretty and yummy too!
Hugs,
Terri

Unknown said...

completely gorgeous photos, almost looks like it was out of a fairy tale book. I appreciate you sharing at Tea Party Tuesday.

Micupoftea said...

Gorgeous photos, wonderful post~ Happy St Pattys Day!

BECKY said...

What a lovely, lovely place! I wish I could stop in every day! Thanks for all the beautiful pictures!

Bernideen said...

That is a beautiful tea room and in Ireland- right? The decor and the food look wonderful!

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Everything looks so amazing! I love, love this tea room and would enjoy having tea here. Hope you will visit Magnolia Cottage for tea time Tuesday.

Blessings,
Lisa

Annesphamily said...

Just gorgeous! I love those golden tea pieces. What a gorgeous post! Thank you for sharing.

Denise at Forest Manor said...

Oh my goodness, this tearoom is amazing!!! It's charming and elegant at the same time. I always wonder how long it takes someone to make and decorate those incredible cupcakes. :)

Have you visited this tearoom before? I love the exterior store front, as well as the interior. Quintessential Irish. Love your Irish blessing as well.

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my post, and I hope you have a great weekend.!

Denise

Sarah said...

I'm always ready for a cup of tea. Thanks for sharing this beautiful tea room.

Natasha in Oz said...

Oh how I wish I could get on a plane and fly over there right now! What a wonderful and beautiful place to have a cuppa! Aren't those teacups gorgeous!

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Loretta said...

What a beautiful post; I just loved it! The teacups are beautiful! Happy St Patrick's Day!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Hi! I just found you at Pink Saturday
and love your photos of this tearoom. Makes me want to go for tea with girlfriends.
I'm your latest follower!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

what a great teatime!
thank you for being part of the party :)
it's too FuN to share these days with you ~
have a great St Patrick's Day wherever you find yourself :)

paintedlady89 said...

Thank you for taking me to the tea room today, it is so very charming!
I love vintage things, they are so special.
Even more, I love to have the Irish Breakfast tea.
It is a wonderful cuppa tp start the day!
Hugs,
Gigi

Patrice said...

I'm visiting from Katherine's Corner. This is a lovely post. My mom owned a tea room sometime around WWII. She had such fond memories of it. She often commented on what a great business it would be and I regret never trying to open one with her while she was still around. The concept is so simple and elegant. I would enjoy visiting one with my daughters.

Warm Heart Bears said...

I would love to have a cup of Irish Breakfast tea in this tea room. What a wonderful time that would be. Have a great day!

Heidi said...

Oh how I have a thing for antique tea cups! My mother has been collecting a set that started with a full sized antique china musical teapot for my 12 year old! It is such a great set! She adds pieces every time she comes across one! Thanks for linking up with us at NOBH!

Bonnie said...

Love your post. Delightful tea house.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

ellen b. said...

Oh this is just fabulous from beginning to end. I would love to visit this tea room some day. Great St. Patrick's Day crawl post! Blessings and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Kathleen said...

I love all things Irish, except beer and whiskey, lol! I live on Long Ireland, I mean Island!
Sweet post, love the shamrock china.
Thanks so much for taking part in the 6th annual St. Pat's Bog Crawl! Slainte'!

Related Posts with Thumbnails